OVERSTAYER STEREO VCA COMPRESSOR
The Overstayer Stereo VCA compressor is meant for creative use on the ‘way in' while tracking, and on the ‘way out’ while mixing, and anywhere in between. It has wide ranging timing controls, as well as blend and high and low frequency shelf eq boost controls, all continuously variable for quick and fluid shaping of dynamics and tone. The behavior of the compression is shape-able from fluid mix bus compression to aggressive pumping and extreme ambient and transient effects.
- External Key Input
- 2:1, 4:1, and LIMIT Ratios (*with BEHAVIOR at 0)
- Detector filtered for optimal bass response, disengaged with GRAB
- Unique BEHAVIOR control manipulates the hardness and envelope of the compression and can take the sound from virtually all ambience to all transients. As this control interacts with the other compression controls, it creates a large array of envelope shaping and sonic possibilities depending on the selected ratio and attack/release settings. This control is hard to explain, fun to use...
- Continuously variable ATTACK from 0.1 msec. to ~50 msec.
- Continuously variable RELEASE from less than 0.1 sec. to ~1.1 sec.
- Dual detector sidechain
- BLEND control for parallel processing.
- AUTO Release engages a slow release time constant for sustained program material in addition to the time constant set by the Release control.
- Low Frequency shelving equalizer continuously variable from 0 to +15 dB at 50 Hz (or 100 Hz if LFx2 is engaged).
- High frequency shelving equalizer, continuously variable from 0 to +12 dB at 10 kHz.
- Equalizer bypass removes the EQ circuitry from the signal path.
- Hardware bypass.
- Balanced XLR inputs and outputs, unbalanced 1/4" TRS external key input.
- Requires 12VDC at 1000mA supply (included).